Complete your Diversity Organizations Worksheet and Paper. Refer to the Diversity Organizations Worksheet for instructions.
Search the Internet for information related to the following:
- Women’s rights organizations
- Equality organizations
- Gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender (GLBT) rights organizations
Note. You may also refer to the Internet Resource Directory of Racial and Ethnic Groups.
Complete the following table with notes and thoughts related to your findings:
Use your notes to aid in your responses to the questions below. You may need additional resources from the University Library to complete this activity.
Write a 750 to 1,050- word paper answering the following questions:
- What has been the status of women in the United States throughout history?
- What is the status of women in the U.S. today?
- What are some examples of concepts or constructions of masculinity and femininity that you see in society and in media?
- Historically, what has been the social status of GLBT people?
- What is the status of GLBT people in the U.S. today?
- What are some social and political issues relevant to women and GLBT people in the U.S.?
Provide citations for all the sources you use.
Submit this Diversity Organizations worksheet and your paper as instructed by your facilitator.