HCS 548 WEEK 4 Alternate Living Environments: Part One
The Alternate Living Environments assignment is divided into two parts. Part One of this assignment is due in Week Four, and Part Two is due in Week Six. For these assignments, your team will use the facility you selected in Week Four (an assisted living facility, an intermediate care facility, a long-term care facility, or a room and board facility).
The first part of the assignment is an opportunity for your team to investigate the living environment with a focus on the specific facility. The tasks required for the second part of the assignment (due in Week Six) will include an interview with a leader from that facility.
Develop a 700- to 1,050-word paper in which your team describes various aspects of the chosen facility. Include responses to the following:
- Identify the demographics of the community.
- Why did you select the facility?
- How are the family and provider roles considered in the selection?
- What resources are available for the patient, family, and provider?
- Provide an overview of the selected facility.
- What is the corporate structure of the facility?
- What is the leadership structure of the facility?
- Location of the living environment
- Compare and contrast the demographics of the facility to the community.
- Is it close to medical facilities and community support? Expand.
- Is transportation available? How does this have an impact on the family or caregivers?
- What other living environments are available in your community, and what are the major differences between them?
- How is this facility marketing itself? Is it competitive?
Format your outline according to APA guidelines.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your team’s assignment.